Tel: +95 (0)9 422 473 078
Pantanaw town is situated at the main road connecting Yangon and Pathein. It is about 70 miles west of Yangon. The transportation is good enough to travel by car. At first this mission belonged to Nyaungdon mission which was started in 1905 by the French Fathers of the Foreign Missions of Paris (MEP). With the increase of the faithful, it was separated from Nyaungdon mission in 1998. Now it became a separate mission with 1583 faithful as recorded in 2004.
Though this mission is old already, as a separate parish it is very young still. As a new parish there is no parish church, no sisters but there are 7 chapels in 7 villages. The parish priest and some Catechists with a few volunteers are giving their service in this mission. No Religious Sisters or Brothers have a community yet.