St. Joseph’s Catholic Church (Thone Ze)

Rock Than Htite
Thonze, Thayawady Tsp
Bago Division.
Tel.: +95 (0)55 30104,
Mobile: +95 (0)9 536 0439

(Pastor) Fr. Rock Than Htite
(Asso. Pastor) Fr. Lawrence Saw Eh Law Soe

Daily Mass
6:00a.m.Mon,Thu(Myan.);Tue,Fri(Kayin);Wed,Sat(Eng.)

Sunday Mass
7:30a.m.(Myan.)

Thonze town is situated at the main road to Upper Myanmar and is 76 miles north of Yangon. This mission is one of the oldest Missions started by the MEP Fathers. It was started since the 1890s by the MEP Fathers. In 1921, a school named, “RCM Normal School” was opened in this town. It was founded and taken care of by Fr. Perroy (MEP). In 1921 Fr. Perroy was consecrated Bishop, and was named successor of Bishop Cardot (MEP) of Yangon Vicariate.

Starting from 1921 Bishop Perroy transformed this normal school into a Matriculation School. From 1921 to 1964, this place was famous for good education in the surrounding places. It was very successful; many educated people were brought up in this school. From the time of nationalization in 1964-1965 this school was permanently closed down. Instead of the Normal School, a Catechist Training School was opened in this place in 1966 which lasted for 9 years. It became a very flourishing mission providing many efficient Catechists. In 1975, this catechist training school was moved to Insein, which is in the Yangon city area. From that time on the Catechist training courses were not conducted here anymore.

Because of the lives and efforts of these Missionaries together with the collaboration of the local people, this place could bring forth a total of 10 priests and more than 10 religious Sisters and Brothers, many catechists, and educated people such as doctors, nurses and teachers. At present there are around 2000 Catholics living in 170 villages.

သံုးဆယ္ၿမိဳ႕သည္ျမန္မာျပည္ အထက္ပိုင္းသို႕သြားေသာ လမ္းမႀကီးေပၚ၌ တည္ရွိ၍၊ ရန္ကုန္မွ ၇၆-မိုင္ခန္႕ေ၀းသည္။ ဤသာသနာနယ္သည္ ေရွးက်ေသာ သာသနာနယ္ တစ္ခုျဖစ္ၿပီး ၁၈၉၀-ခုႏွစ္မွစ၍(MEP) ဘုန္းေတာ္ႀကီးမ်ားမွ စတင္တည္ေထာင္ခဲ့ေလသည္။ ၁၉၂၁-ခုႏွစ္၌ Fr.Perroy(MEP) မွ (RCM) ေက်ာင္းဟု အမည္တြင္ေသာ သာမန္မူလတန္း စာသင္ေက်ာင္းဖြင့္လွစ္ခဲ့သည္။ ထိုႏွစ္မ်ားမွာပင္ Fr.Perroy သည္ဆရာေတာ္Cardot ကို ဆက္ခံမည့္ ရန္ကုန္သာသနာပိုင္ဆရာေတာ္အျဖစ္ဘိသိက္ေပးျခင္းခံရေလသည္။
၁၉၂၁-ခုႏွစ္၌ BishopPerroy သည္ ထိုMEP ဟုေခၚတြင္သည့္ သာမန္မူလတန္းေက်ာင္းကို အထက္တန္းေက်ာင္းအျဖစ္ ေျပာင္းလဲဖြင့္လွစ္ႏိုင္ခဲ့ၿပီး၊ ထိုအခ်ိန္မွ ၁၉၆၄-ခုႏွစ္ထိ ထိုေက်ာင္းေတာ္သည္ သံုးဆယ္ၿမိဳ႕ႏွင့္အနီးတ၀ိုက္၌ ပညာေရး၌ ဘက္စံု ထူးခြၽန္ေသာ ေက်ာင္းတစ္ေက်ာင္းအျဖစ္ နာမည္ေက်ာ္ၾကား ခဲ့ေလသည္။ ပညာေရးဘက္၌ အလြန္ေအာင္ျမင္ခဲ့ၿပီး ထိုေက်ာင္းမွ ပညာတက္အမ်ားအျပား ေမြးထုတ္ေပးခဲ့ေလသည္။ ျပည္သူပိုင္သိမ္းသည့္ ၁၉၆၄-၆၅ခုႏွစ္၌ ေက်ာင္းကို လံုး၀ပိတ္လိုက္ၿပီး ၁၉၆၆-ခုႏွစ္၌ ဓမၼဆရာသင္တန္းေက်ာင္းအျဖစ္ ေျပာင္းလဲဖြင့္လွစ္ခဲ့သည္။ ၉-ႏွစ္ၾကာဖြင့္ၿပီးေနာက္၊ ထိုဓမၼဆရာသင္တန္းေက်ာင္းကို အင္းစိန္၊နံ႕သာကုန္းသို႕ ေျပာင္းေရႊ႕ခဲ့ေလသည္။ ထိုအခ်ိန္မွစတင္၍ သံုးဆယ္ၿမိဳ႕ ဓမၼဆရာသင္တန္းကို အၿပီးအပိုင္ပိတ္ခဲ့ေလသည္။
သာသနာျပဳ ဘုန္းေတာ္ႀကီးမ်ား၏စြမ္းေဆာင္းမႈႏွင့္ နယ္ခံတိုင္းရင္းသားႏွင့္ လက္တြဲ လုပ္ကိုင္မႈတို႕ေၾကာင့္၊ သာသနာနယ္မွ ရဟန္းေတာ္၁၀-ပါး၊သီလရွင္ႏွင့္ ကိုရင္၁၀-ပါးေက်ာ္ႏွင့္ ဓမၼဆရာအမ်ားအျပားႏွင့္၊ ပညာတက္အမ်ား အျပားေမြးထုတ္ေပးႏိုင္ခဲ့သည္။ ယခုလက္ရွိ အခ်ိန္၌ ေက်းရြာေပါင္း၁၇၀-၌ ဘာသာ၀င္ဦးေရ ၂၀၀၀-ခန္႕ ရွိေလသည္။